Monday, July 23, 2012

She's Three

      Yesterday afternoon we celebrated Zoe's 3rd birthday.  We had a barbecue here at home and were joined by both sets of grandparents.  All Zoe asked to receive for her birthday was "Tinker Bell...a big one".  She also was in need of shoes.  Her feet must have grown overnight because all of a sudden her shoes were all too small.
     I can't believe how much she looks like Pav.  I love that face! 

     I got the idea for her flower cake off of Pinterest.  It seemed simple enough, just gumdrops, Skittles and Twizzlers.  I never linked to the site to look at any instructions, but just copied the picture.  For the petals I cut the gumdrops in half, and for the leaves I squished the gumdrops flat and then cut them diagonally into a triangular shape.  Much simpler than fondant, and it tasted good.

No comments: