Friday, July 20, 2012

Tumbleweed Tiny House II

      Here are a few more pictures of the Tumbleweed house Pav has been working on.  I don't think I have posted any of the interior.  In the picture above you can see the front door, window seat and storage loft, which probably won't hold much storage so as not to block the gorgeous stained glass acorn.  The window seat has three drawers below for storage and the seat lifts up for keeping blankets or other flat items.
     The picture below is of the built in drawers for the owners clothing and shoes. 
      This picture was taken from the back kitchen wall of the tiny house.  On the right are shelves built custom size to fit the owners dishes, mugs and glasses.  The other cabinets and appliances have not been installed yet.   The picture below is of the sleeping loft located above the kitchen.  The ladder is kept hidden in a slot beneath the floor of the loft and can be slid out and dropped down when needed.

     I can't help but imagine myself and Pav living in a house this small.  I think the two of us would have plenty of room, but five kids???  A separate bunk house, maybe?  Check out exterior picture on Tumbleweed Tiny House and  come back soon to see more pictures of the completed kitchen including appliances and concrete countertops here are more picture of the interior.
  

9 comments:

Nathan Strange said...

Do you know what kind of wood was used? I really like the look of it on those drawers...

Unknown said...

Most of the wood in the house is poplar, which the guys milled for the customer. The dark trim is walnut. The house was just delivered to the owner in Atlanta, Ga yesterday. I will be posting more pictures soon, which will include the kitchen and concrete countertops. Check back!

Josh said...

Wow. This came out so amazing. I ordered a book from the after you wrote about this before. One of these days, if I get the gumption, I'll hire Pav to help me build that camper. Anyway, this is mostly me saying hi.

Unknown said...

Josh!!! Good to hear from you. We have a trailer ready, if you want to build your dream home :)

Anonymous said...

What is the cost to frame our the building on blocks? Remi

Unknown said...

Remi, are you looking for a price on a dried in building, or just the framing?

Ivy Marsh said...

I want to get one in Atlanta. How can I get in touch with the owner. I would move tomorrow but I don't know codes where to put it et

Unknown said...

The owners information is private. Our contact info is katepav@hotmail.com. Please get in touch with us and we can help you out.

Hearthmason said...

Dear Kate, the poplar finish looks amazing. Are the windows also made of poplar?
It seems that the glazing frames are made of PVC. Thanks