Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week...end

      On one of our last warm weekends before Fall sets in we took the kids over to Gatlinburg, TN to check out Ripley's Aquarium.  On our way through the Great Smoky Mountains we stopped and hiked up to Clingman's Dome.  It's only .5 mile to the top, and an easy hike for little ones.  Though it was in the 70's down in the valley, it got into the low 60's up at the top of the mountain and became very windy with fog.  No view this time, actually, I've never seen the view it is always foggy when we hike up Clingman's Dome.  But it was a good halfway break between Murphy and Gatlinburg to let the kids run. 
       The aquarium was well worth the drive, with five little kids in a mini van, and has a special shark exhibit right now that I found incredibly interesting.   The kid said their favorite part was either the sharks or the penguins. 


   My favorite part was watching five kids laughing together in this bubble...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Memories! We have a photo of Jeff and I in that globe thing in the aquarium from when we lived there, and we also hiked up to Clingman's Dome on what turned out to be a very cloudy and foul-weather kind of day! :) (On another note, did you get my e-mail? I just wanted to be sure I had it right.)