"To learn how to be grateful and happy, whether hands full or hands empty." -Ann Voskamp
I learned this week that I am not a thankful person. I am simply not grateful. Our family easily thanks God for food, for health, for a roof over our heads, for His One and Only Son. But then I draw a blank. What else am I thankful for.
I pause with head bowed and think about my days. Days filled with simple tasks, days running into days. And then I stop and really think about my days...
I am learning.
''give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" Ephesians 5:20
10. Pav letting me sleep in
11. daffodils pushing their leaves up through the soil
12. a friend who has been waiting and waiting is pregnant
13. watching make believe happen
14. the smell of popcorn popping on the stove
15. pizza dough rising
16. the kids running to welcome their dad home