Thursday, January 12, 2012

wee little house

     This week on Owl Creek there have been a few changes.  For now they are just on a trial bases, but so far we are having fun.  So...

     The biggest change this week is that we did not go to our Classical Conversations group.  Both Ever Joy and I love our CC group, the curriculum, her tutor, and getting out each week.  We were just getting overwhelmed.  So we decided to take a break over Christmas vacation and see about a new game plan.  We are going to continue doing CC here at home, but won't have the pressure that comes with meeting each week.  I think both Ever Joy and I are going to miss the social aspect, so I've already worked out an afternoon event for Ever Joy to be part of, now I've got to come up with something for mama...

     Ever Joy's favorite part of CC was the art time.  So this week I decided to get creative and make sure we did some "art" here at home.   In the CC curriculum Grandma Moses is the artist the kids are studying.  So we checked out this site for some information on who she was.  We colored this page after looking at her paintings, and we decided to work on some of our own folk art.  Our favorite craft was the little house pictured above.  We found the tutorial here on Pinterest.  It was detailed with pictures every step of the way.  I must admit that I did most of the work, but it was a great project for Ever to learn to cut out a pattern, iron the pieces, and sew straight lines.  We also got the chance to work together on a project which was one of the main reasons I decided to home school in the first place.

2 comments:

Laura said...

oh my goodness....so adorable! hope t goes well at home!

Unknown said...

That wee house is so adorable!