Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Khan Academy

So...I'm probably the last person on the planet who has heard of the Khan Academy or these videos.  Nonetheless, Ever Joy is very glad we finally did.  On Monday I started with the first addition video, which she loved.  I'm not sure if it's because she gets to use my computer, or it is just that amazing :)
Today she asked if we could watch the Addition 2 video.  Then I let her watch a video where Salman Khan was speaking and she asked "Is that my teacher?"  It was sweet!
I decided to let her login to the Academy and keep track of her points.  She enjoyed doing the math problems on the computer vs. me writing them on our dry erase board.  I just enjoyed watching her be so excited about math.  It's also good to know I will have help when it comes to geometry, calculus and parts of the cell.

No comments: